by Tetyana Skrypkina
First of all you should look for calls for papers to be able to apply or follow my Facebook page where I often post calls for paper from different international conferences.
To apply, you have to fill in an application form. What to expect in the application form I will tell you a little bit later. Make sure that the title of the suits you and you feel confident talking about it.
Negotiate with the institutions, which hold the conference
You should ask them if they:
- Pay for your transfer.
- Have any fees for speakers (there are conferences, where speakers have to pay 300 euro).
- Provide you an accommodation.
- Supply you with equipment you need (laptop, over-head projector, Internet etc.)
- Print handouts or you have to bring them with you.
It will also be useful for you to know how many people to expect for your talk/workshop, if you have handouts, for example.
And now I will tell about you the most common questions in application forms.
- Name, Surname
- Country, city
- Institution (where you work)
- Job title
- Telephone number
- Alternative telephone number
- How long have you been teaching?
- Topic of your presentation
- Type of your presentation:
*panel discussion (about 20 minutes)
*workshop (about 80 minutes)
*talk (about 30 minutes)
- Summary of your presentation
- The working language
- State why you consider this topic to be important?
- Why you are confident to present it?
- What equipment do you need?
- State rubric
It is very easy to apply!
If you think you can do it, you can do it 😉
I wish you all the best! 🙂